I. Preliminary Provisions
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern the use of the classified advertisements section (“Classifieds”) provided on the website of The Bournemouth Observer. By accessing or using the Classifieds, the user agrees to be bound by these Terms. In case of disagreement with any provision of these Terms, the user is prohibited from using the Classifieds.
II. Content Guidelines
Content published in the Classifieds must be legal, accurate, and not misleading in any manner. The user assumes sole liability for the content they publish. Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to:
- Any material that infringes UK or international laws, inclusive of goods that are illicit or stolen, drugs (both legal highs and recreational), weapons, counterfeit goods.
- Content that is inflammatory, derogatory, defamatory, discriminatory, or involves hate speech.
- Explicitly sexual or pornographic material.
- Promotions related to gambling activities, including but not limited to online casinos, betting, or lotteries.
- Promotion or sale of tobacco/vaping products or alcohol.
- Any material that is violent, threatening, offensive, or harassing.
- Content that violates the privacy or rights of others, particularly intellectual property rights.
III. User Responsibilities
As a condition for using the Classifieds, users must adhere to the following obligations:
- Compliance with all relevant laws and these Terms.
- Avoidance of actions that violate the Policies.
- Prohibition of posting any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, or indecent material.
- Prohibition of posting or disseminating false or misleading material or messages.
- Respect for third-party rights and non-infringement thereof.
- Refraining from distributing spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
- Non-distribution of viruses or technologies that may harm The Bournemouth Observer Classifieds or the interests or property of its users.
- Avoidance of imposing or contributing to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfering with the operation of the Classifieds.
- Non-replication, alteration, or distribution of another user’s content without their explicit permission.
- Prohibition on the use of automated means, such as robots, spiders, scrapers, to access Classifieds and collect content without our express written permission.
- Non-collection or harvesting of user information, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Respect for the copyrights and trademarks of The Bournemouth Observer Classifieds, refraining from copying, modifying or distributing its content and rights.
- Refraining from using any tools that interfere with the normal functioning of the Classifieds, including, without limitation, browser plug-ins, extensions, or other software designed to supplement, remove, or otherwise alter any functionalities of the Classifieds.
- Non-sale of counterfeit items or infringement of copyright, trademark, or other rights of third parties.
III.I User Obligations
- Users must be at least 18 years old to post in the Classifieds.
- Users agree to use the Classifieds in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Users agree not to use the Classifieds to distribute spam, unsolicited promotions, or chain messages.
- Users agree to respect the rights and privacy of other users. Personal information about another user may not be posted or collected without their explicit consent.
III.II Moderation and Removal of Content
- We reserve the right to moderate, edit, or remove content at our sole discretion. If your content is found to violate these Terms, it may be modified or removed without notice.
- Users may report any content they believe violates these Terms to our moderation team for review.
Users are prohibited from posting content that infringes on third-party rights, which includes, but is not limited to, intellectual property rights like copyright, design, and trademark (e.g., offering counterfeit items for sale).
Upon receiving a legitimate report of infringement from the rightful party or their authorised representative, The Bournemouth Observer Classifieds will remove the reported advertisement that infringes upon the intellectual property rights. To report an infringement, complete the Notice of Infringement Form and email it to The Bournemouth Observer Classifieds at noticeandtakedown@The Bournemouth Observer.co.uk. The form can only be used by the lawful owners of the relevant intellectual property rights.
V. Liability, Indemnification, and Amendments
The Bournemouth Observer bears no responsibility for content posted in the Classifieds. The views and opinions expressed therein do not necessarily represent those of The Bournemouth Observer. The Bournemouth Observer is not a party to transactions between buyers and sellers and bears no liability for any harm, loss, or inconvenience caused as a result. By posting or responding to an advertisement in the Classifieds, the user agrees to indemnify and hold The Bournemouth Observer harmless from any claim or demand, including legal fees, due to or arising out of their breach of these Terms, violation of any law, or infringement of third-party rights. The Bournemouth Observer reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time, with continued use of the Classifieds after such amendment constituting acceptance of the new Terms.
Any violations of these Terms should be reported to our moderation team.